Thursday, May 26, 2011

Day 2 and some of this morning

Day 2 wasn't too much different than the first day, in fact, it was very similar. The same problems and the same successes. But in that repetitiveness and inability to get any of my own work done, it dawned on me the challenge that children are.

How do you balance it all?

You don't want to be a bad parent, you need to make sure there is dinner ready, the laundry is done, the dogs are walked, but, then you want time for you, time for your wife, time to create and time to play. There are so many things that I don't understand those who can juggle it all. I applaud you.

It was easier before. In my down time at work, I could plow through my creative work. Jot down ideas, even write full scenes or short scripts if there was enough down time. Then, I'd get home hang out with Zoey, she'd go to bed, then end the night with my wife.

Now, that's so different. There is no more down time. Maybe for about 2 hours, but, at that point, at least yesterday, I got more hung up on this notion of trying to figure out what I'm going to do, then enjoying it.

To those that can juggle it, how? I think for me it's just a matter of learning to get her to sleep in the prison we call a crib.

I might be handing Zoey off for a half day with my mother-in-law just so I can still get in the creative time I need to maintain my sanity.

For all those that wanted some humor, here it is.

So, this morning, I'm watching a my daily movie while Zoey sleeps on me. I've now managed to add coffee to the mix, which is nice... I really love my coffee.

I'm watching the movie and enjoying Zoey sleeping, it's interesting how much it relaxes me to have her pass out on me, then it hits.

I need to pee, like, not just, the oh, I can hold it type, but, more like the I've just had two cups of coffee, I think I'm going to die kind.

I decide to hold it. Thinking, I can tough this out, mind over matter.

It's not working... it's becoming uncomfortable. I'm stirring in my seat, shifting back and forth all the while trying not to wake her. I look around the room, my now empty mug is looking like a good option right about now... but... I don't do it for sanitary reasons.

Finally, I give it, but, I think, maybe I can keep holding her while I go.

I get to the washroom and realize there is no way in hell this is going to work and it would make me feel some what like a pervert anyways.

I figure, may she'll sleep in her crib.

Give it a shot.

Fail.

She screams while I run to the washroom.

Maybe next time, I could sit down.

Anyhow, off to feed her some cereal.

No comments:

Post a Comment